September marks back-to-school time, leaving mums deciding what to give their kids after school to keep them filled up until dinner. A quick snack which is perfect for just that are delicious quesadillas or as my nephew Eóghan calls them the 'posh toasted sandwich'. Quesadillas are simply browned tortilla wraps with cheese and a selection of your favourite ingredients. In these quesadillas, I added some Ballymaloe Jalapeño Pepper Country Relish which gives them a real kick!
- 4 Soft Wheat Tortillas.
- 8 Slices Parma Ham.
- 1 Sliced Red Onion.
- Handful of Sundried Tomatoes.
- Handful of Finely Grated Cheddar Cheese (or some soft cheese).
- 8 Tbsp Ballymaloe Jalapeño Relish.
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
1. Place a dry frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Place all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
3. Make a half moon shape out of your tortillas and lightly fill one half moon while folding over the other half moon to meet & press down to seal.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side ensuring the cheese is melted and the outside is golden colour.
5. Cut the quesadillas into triangles and serve with a dollop of jalapeño relish.