Sarah's Wonderful Honey range has been developed to add something new to the world of honey in the supermarket aisle. All created by Sarah and her mum, Eilis, from their lovely home in Owning, a small village in County Kilkenny. Sarah's range of honey is 100% pure honey with an exciting twist including: Sarah's Zesty Honey with Ginger; Warming Honey with Cinnamon; Zingy Honey with Lemon; Joyful Honey with Orange- and of course not forgetting Sarah's Tasty Honey with delicious Walnuts.
Sarah's honey range can be found dotted throughout a number of stores across the country; from artisan stores to the leading multiples including Supervalu and Dunnes Stores, as well as online here. Sarah's honey has experienced phenomenal success with a recent venture into world famous food markets including: Selfridges, Harrods, and Dean and Deluca with further expansion into France, Germany, the US, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Japan and even China.
Yet another Irish success story of how a business has gone from humble beginnings in County Kilkenny to now being shipped internationally. The next time you are shopping keep an eye out for Sarah's range and give her delicious recipe for Sarah's Honey and Cinnamon Baked Apples with Walnuts a try:
Sarah's Honey and Cinnamon Baked Apples with Walnuts
- 6 medium apples.
- 1 tbsp sugar.
- 3 tbsp Mileeven honey and Cinnamon.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted.
- 6 oz. chopped walnuts.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat, or in a deep bowl in the microwave.
3. Add sugar and Mileeven Honey and Cinnamon to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add melted butter, whisk until smooth.
5. Stir in walnut pieces.
6. Core apples and cut a shallow slit around the center of each apple, just through the skin.
7. Fill each apple with 1 to 2 tsp of the filling mixture.
8. Arrange in a high-sided baking dish just large enough to hold the apples.
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until apples are tender.
Note: If filling begins to blacken, cover the apples with foil and continue cooking.