Tastefully Yours is a Waterford based artisan producer founded in 2009 selling Irish chutneys, jams and pickles. Each product is made with delicate care and attention not to compromise on taste and quality. with some chutneys produced in only three or five jar batches and the maximum is 25 jars at a time.
The range include a cheeseboard chutney which is a combination of figs, apricots, and caramelised onions, an Apple and Chilli chutney which has a gentle kick to it making it a good accompaniment to mild curries and on sandwiches too. It is the sweet chilli sauce which is a South East Asian inspired, glowing amber sauce flecked with chilli pieces that is one of their most popular. It may be used to accompany any Thai dish, or for dipping spring rolls, deep fried crispy battered vegetables or prawns, chicken satay sticks and even an indulgent bowl of home made chips on a Friday night.
Tastefully yours are now working on distributing across Ireland and there is no doubt that a rising star is in the making and will become increasingly known across Ireland. If you happen to be in Waterford city, you can find the Tastefully Yours stall at the Farmers' market in Waterford Institute of Technology, every second Sunday of the month. Yours chutneys and pickles are available in selected retail outlets including: Good Food Ireland members in Cork and Glasrai and Goodies in Gowran, Co.Kilkenny, Terminal 2 of Dublin airport, Superquinn Waterford, Bunratty Castle Clare, Ardkeen Stores Waterford, and The Granary Waterford. More information can be found on their facebook page here. The following is a recipe which they have shared with me for delicious Lamb & Aubergine Patties...
Recipe: Tastefully Yours Lamb & Aubergine Patties
- 675g Minced lamb shoulder.
- 200g Tastefully Yours Sweet Aubergine Relish.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Flour for dusting.
- Vegetable oil for cooking.
1. Combine the minced lamb shoulder and Tastefully Yours Sweet Aubergine Relish and season to taste.
2. Divide into four with floured hands and shape into equal sized patties.
3. Brush with vegetable oil and place under a hot grill for about 6 minutes each side.
4. Alternatively, shallow fry over medium heat, turning frequently, until cooked to your liking. Serve garnished with onion rings accompanied by toasted rustic bread and mixed salad leaves.