Dermie's Orange Chocolate Puds are a combination of devilishly dark chocolate, orange and most importantly a good dash of Cointreau making it a tantalising rich pudding for two. Serve straight from the oven to get the rich orange aroma with a warm melted chocolate centre.
- 100g Valrhona 70% Coca Chocolate
- 100g Unsalted Irish Butter
- 2 Organic Irish Eggs
- 40g Caster Sugar
- 25g Cream Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- Half unwaxed orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees/ Gas Mark 4.
2. Generously grease two ramekins and finely dust them with some coca powder.
3. Bring a wide saucepan of water to a fast boil, then simmer. Place a pyrex bowl over the simmering water and melt the butter and chocolate.
4. Place the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk for 8-10 minutes with an electric hand whisk until the texture is smooth and very silky more than doubling in size. You will be very temped to bang the whisk off the side of the bowl to ensure you are using all the mixture- do not do this as you will knock the air out.
5. Carefully place the egg mixture into the melted chocolate and butter.
6. Add the dash of Cointreau and the fine zest of half an orange and gently fold in the mixture.
7. Very carefully fold in the sieved cream flour ensuring you are not knocking the air out.
8. Fill two large raminkins with the mixture filling to the 3/4 level mark.
9. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes checking regularly to ensure the top of the puds are just slightly cooked so that when you dip your spoon into the pud you will get a delicious melted chocolate centre.
10. Serve with a dusting of coca powder and some softly whipped fresh cream or a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.